Thursday, April 30, 2009

A Beachy House tour and some Marie Love

I was going to end this post with my wonderful Marie Canvas from Heidi but was upside down in my uploading so Marie pretties it is!!!
Here are the packages waiting for me to open! (it was hard to stop and take a picture!)

Heidi used cute feather hair clips for decorations on the packages...very fun!
Here is my beautiful canvas:

I just love it! She has used vintage earrings and vintage scrap and the flower heart frame is made of celluloid, I love it all!!! Thank you so much Heidi! My mom wanted me to hang it immediately on the wall, no pictures for her, she wanted to enjoy it right then!

Here are the goodies in the second package:

A pretty notebook, vintage pink satin trim, a pretty matchbox with arting goodies, chandelier crystals (ooo la la!) and a wonderful shoe pincushion that is so Marie!

Here is another picture of everything together because I know you want a second look!

I was just so happy with everything. I hope she is just as happy with hers!
Onto another subject!
I wanted to take you on a little tour of some of the places in Redondo Beach, Ca. I work there and like that it is very diverse in its homes....some beach cottages, some new-builds and some mansions....I am more of a vintage girl so here is your first installment of homes!
Hope you have fun! Here are some beachy cottages...
I love the little cutouts on either side of the porch and the picket fence...love how nice that this has been preserved. I don't need a mansion, just a little beach cottage will do.....

This cottage is a little run down but look at that cute window in the old garage door.... It has possibilites! This baby is across the street from the first one....

And then we will walk next door, Now put on your sunglasses!......

I think this old girl is well loved also...definitely sunny!

Just down the block is this great old church. I know many of you live in communities that have many preserved historical homes and churches but the California mindset is often to teardown the old and build new and big! I appreciate when there is a history to a property and this cute church even has an old wooden bench :

Then on to my last house for this tour. This is a much bigger property and it is for sale. It is about 5 blocks from the last 3....


I dont know if it will get bigger if you click on it, but the door is awesome. And you too can own this beauty, because it is up for sale... Probably for about 1.2 million....or more....

Well, thanks for being patient! My hubby is a computer wiz and I am glad to be up and typing again!!!

karen......

1 comment:

Jill said...

That canvas is fantastic--it must have been from one of your swaps. The home tour was nice too!