Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Just Hopping all over the place

Warning! This post is all over the place and picture heavy but stay with me and hopefully it will be fun!

The first two images are from my postcard collection, please feel free to use them in your projects or decorate with them!
This has been a crazy spring break.... garage saling, migraine, swaps, dr. appt.for my mom....Good and not so good but lets look at the good!
First of all, hubby and I went garage saling on Sat. I usually don't go with him because he is a computer geek and looks for sales that have all the electronic stuff but he promised to go to any fun sales and we had a good time. The kids and mom snored away as we were on the lookout for treasures so we had some time to ourselves (:
Here is a pretty square cloth I got from a Brazillian family and I forgot to take a pic of a cool tote bag I got from them also. Also in the photo are 2 really pretty silver wine glasses with cherubs on them. I thought they would be pretty with a bouquet of flowers in them. I haven't decided if I will keep them or put them in my etsy.
Also in the pic is a pretty hand painted box to make an art kit out of and a powder box from my friend Bonnie....
Here are a stack of 3 nesting boxes. Cloth under the bed storage that have never been used $5! These are so needed as my bedroom is being taken over by my art supplies and collectibles and...and...... well, those of you who know me, I struggle with organizing!



Now, onto my new project! I love Pam Garrison's art style and have always wanted to take a class from her! Well, that hasn't happened, nor will happen soon so when she posted pics of some journals that she is teaching I just had to give it a try with some mini journals I bought! Here are my versions:
I love this little girl image, she came in a pack of vintage scrap I bought a few years ago! Here's the back side:

And here is the inside pocket:
I am really happy with them, they are tiny so they are not overwhelming either!

The last thing I wanted to tell you about is that I am participating in the Pay it Forward art project. If you haven't heard about it, I am a lucky recipient of Kecia's from Lemoncholy's flight of fancy. She will make me something over the next year and then I will reciprocate by paying it forward to 3 new people. This way we are sharing our art and spreading the inspiration around.

If you would like to be one of my recipients, I would love to have you! Just leave a comment on this post and I will take the first 3 people who are interested!
Well, I am off to go to Target to get the last of the easter goodies for the kids...because baskets are for kids of all ages!!!! I will be posting some more images this week so stop by! Happy Wednesday (this definitely couldn't be a wordless wed..... I told you I like to talk!!!)

4 comments:

mIzZ (hONeY) bEe aka Marlene said...

Hello Ms. Karen...I'm in for the "Pay It Forward"...thanks for making my day at work sooo much fun..I'll e-chat with you soon..Peace 2 "U" Marlene :O)

A bird in the hand said...

I'm very impressed with your Pam Garrison journal. I've wanted to take a class with her too, but it's not going to happen since I'm clear across the continent from her. I've been thinking of following her instructions on her blog... xox

Shirley Gonzalez-Day said...

I am a great believer in paying it forward. Just tell me what I need to do.

Carmen said...

Wonderful! I'm not sure how my "soft/fabric" art will travel..but I love the Pay-it-Forward thing! I try to do something each week for a stranger...course,I grew up with the "good deed" idea...try to do a good deed for someone everyday ...like carry bags, etc.. or say a good word...So..sending my art to the world sounds like a great idea! Carmen in Northern Canada