Wednesday, December 31, 2008

A Happy Little New Year to You!


Hope you ring in the New Year in the fashion that you love.
I love our little family celebrations. We will be playing Rock Band, Taboo, wearing disco ball headbands and making lots of noise with vintage noisemakers and poppers at midnight (although the family just asked if we can get the New York time celebration, we might be making lots of noise at 9pm!)
My cute hubby made a ham the other day so that we could just go and cut some when we were hungry and mom and I wouldn't have to worry about cooking. How thoughtful is that? It was very handy.
Well, we made 2 easy peasey sandwiches tonite...just out of our heads that turned out well so I thought I would share them with you.
Baked Pocket Ham Sandwich
1 c. cooked ham diced
1/3 of a package of cream cheese
1 loaf Bridgeford bread dough defrosted
1c cheddar cheese
2 diced green onions
Preheat oven to 400
Stretch the dough on a cookie sheet till it is approx. 6in. wide by 12 in. long
spread cream cheese in the center lengthwise
mix cheddar, onions and ham together and spread down center of the dough.
Gather the 2 sides and pinch together till the dough is completely closed up
Bake for 20 minutes------ Enjoy!
Artichoke and Cheese Baked Pocket
1 Loaf Bridgeford bread dough -defrosted
2/3 package cream cheese-softened
1c. cheddar cheese
1-2 cloves garlic chopped
1/4 c. parmesan cheese
1 tomatoe diced -seeds and juice removed
1 can artichokes in water- chopped course
Preheat oven to 400
Spread out dough to approx. 6in. wide by 12 in. long
mix cheeses and garlic together, spread on dough
add artichokes and tomatoes evenly down center top to bottom
Bake 20 minutes ---- Yummy!
Mom and I made these up to use up some of the ham and were really happy about how they turned out so I thought I would share them. We made it a fun appetizer type meal for the special night and had 2 kinds of chicken wings, a pesto tomato flatbread from Trader Joes, Veggies and dip...Simple and Fun!
Hope you have a wonderful Night!
I am almost to my 100th post so I need to think up a special giveaway soon!
Hugs and Merry Wishes! karen....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you!

Oui! This is one of my favorite illustrations from 'The Twelve Dancing Princesses' in Powder and Crinoline' by the great artist Kay Nielsen. Such a wonderful kindhearted man from those who knew him. Good choice to start off 2009.

Thank you for the comment on my blog.

Cheers,
June

Birds of a Feather said...

best wishes in the new year to you too!

those sound delicious!

xo heidi