Thursday, December 11, 2008

Getting in the spirit!

Here is my little button tree that I have just finished. I have wanted to make this little treasure since I saw them last year and this year I am not doing any shows so I am getting to create just for us. I am having a really nice time! Go figure!
I also joined a cracker swap with a new friend in the U.K. and had fun putting that together...I forgot to take pictures so I will see if she will take some and I can post them later.
I still have oodles of shopping and wrapping to do but for some reason am just not stressing about it (no...I haven't talked my doctor into that xanex yet!) The fact that my family is fairly healthy and we are not in debt up to our eyeballs helps. I am just excited to get the tree and see the family and eat...(very important!) Now, on Sunday the 21st I might not be so calm...everyone is coming here again and we are doing almost all the cooking...that is stress for me! too much pressure! What do you do to avoid the stress of the holidays?
Any hoo! I will leave you a picture of one of my christmas gifts from hubby. I saw it on etsy and asked him to order it for me NOW! ( I was afraid I would miss it!) Being the good husband he is, and clueless as to what to buy me, he quickly ordered it...I love it!!! I don't get it till christmas morning but I don't care, I just love it! It is made by Elizabeth Parsons and she has a couple that are similar listed on her etsy if you are interested!
Hope your next few days are fun and you have the warm and fuzzy's of the season like I do! xoxo karen.....

11 comments:

Connie said...

That's adorable, my little chick! Now I know what to do with all my saved buttons......if I ever get the time that is. Wheeewwweeeee
Smooches, girlfriend,
Connie

robin dudley-howes said...

Hello my friend! Miss you. Haven't had a moment to do bloging until now. Love your button tree. Tell Michael I said happy b-day.

oxorob

Birds of a Feather said...

fabulous projects, just lovely! i made some of those trees using sequins & pearls - love the buttons, great idea as you know how long it takes to make!

thanks for sharing ~
xo heidi

Melissa said...

I love it, I love it, I love it. I love buttons. I will have to make one!!

Carolyn said...

Of course i`ll send you some pics - when i receive it - i`ve been looking for the postman all week ! ;o) i`m sure it`ll be here soon .

I`m loving the button tree ! I`d have to use some buttons that i don`t like too much - saying that i love all old buttons !
And at least you got something that you wanted for christmas - it`s gorgeous ! sometimes they have no clue what to get you - or get something that you have to exchange !!

Maija said...

Your button tree is fabulous! Great choice on the necklace! Wait until you see the earrings I bought from Robin- gorgeous! I'm saving them as a Christmas gift to myself!

x vInTaGe VioLeT x said...

your button tree is gorgeous - i love those colours - hmmm maybe i need to make another!
ooohh nice christmas present too - are you sure you can wait?!

thanks for your comments x

Cathy said...

Dropped in for the holiday decorations and my eyes feasted on that amazing button tree. Love it!!!!

Just beautiful. Thank you for sharing and have a very happy holiday.

xo Cathy

Rosanna Pereyra said...

Its darling! Great ideas.

Happy Holidays
Rosanna

Melissa said...

I made two

Sarah and Jack said...

I love the santa on top of the buttons!