Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Peelin' Myself off the couch.....

Well, this holiday has been a doozy! Really good in that it was not too stressful in regards to shopping and too much celebrating...just calm quiet celebrating. Really not good because my mom ended up in the Cardiac Care Unit for 4 days spanning christmas eve and christmas day. I am glad that she got such good care and that she is on the mend though. Then 2 days ago I got a stupid, dumb, annoying cold! I am feeling a little better today but hubby had to take over with mom and the kids and I have kinda quarantined myself so mom doesn't catch the gak! Harummph! I wanted to be organizing my craft goodies and making new things and shopping till I dropped!
So, I will be back soon girls with hopefully something fun to talk about, not the plague!
Have a fun New Year's! I am planning on a quiet but nice one!
Hugs! karen.....

4 comments:

LiLi M. said...

Hi! We can shake hands. I was so looking forward to a quiet Christmas. Reading and organizing magazines a little crafting and I ended up in bed. :-(
I had a tonsil inflamation, couldn't swallow, eat, drink, talk. Yep it was a quiet Christmas ;-)

I hope that 2008 ends happy and that 2009 starts wonderful. Have a happy and healthy 2009! Live your dreams!

robin dudley-howes said...

Sorry your sick Karen. I have a little gift for you...your gonna love it! The bracelet is almost done!
Happy New Year...p.s was the antique faire this past Sunday?
rob

Maija said...

I hope you are much better. I am so sorry about your mom- I know how scarey that can be! I'm glad she was well cared for and ok.

A bird in the hand said...

Happy New Year, Karen.
I love those bonnets (in your picture) -- I wish they were still in fashion!
xxo