Monday, August 11, 2008

I Need A Vacation!!!!!

After reading this post, you will not argue with me.... You may be even sending over the gooney squad to get me after reading this but sometimes we just gotta do what we gotta do!
Hubby and I have been out farming the back 40...In California that is 40" not acres. Well, there has been a tomato that is quite curious and I just couldn't leave it alone! Meet Henry:
Now when you have a schnoz like this, you gotta have rhinestone eyes!
And of course, when you have a schnoz like this, the rhinestone eyes can't be the same size! Now that I have that out of my system...., I need to share another thing with you:
Meet Edna:
This pretty little lady watches over our kitchen. She sits on our cooking island and for some dumb reason I feel like a better cook with her around.
Now, when we have family get-togethers I find poor Edna like this:
Last Easter I caught my brother-in-law putting her like this... I asked him why. His answer..."She needs to be in time out!" Hmmmm.....who needs the gooney squad??? me??? him??? both of us??? Hard to tell...
Now a little redemption.
I am really excited about the Sweet and Sinister Swap and have cleared my end of Southern Calif. of all cool black and cream scrapbook paper, flocked, striped,swirled and polka-dotted...and some spotted black and cream flowers to go with...YUM!
Well, I feel better now! We are going to take a couple of days of vacation at the end of August...Hopefully I will do better then! Until then...Probably more weird posts for you! Have a cooookie week! karen....

6 comments:

Connie said...

Honey, ya need some serious help here....or I should say your BIL needs some "evaluation"! LOL
Smoochies,
Connie

robin dudley-howes said...

Hi Karen
That is too funny! Are you going to eat the poor tomatoe after humiliating it? Hey, Dorky and I tried to leave a comment on your blog using her computer at AU just so you know. We had a BLAST! You gotta save and go next year. BTW check out teeshas site for the most awesome line up yet at ARt fest 2009! talk to you soon!
rob
p.s if you don't have SallyJeans book dorky brought one up fer ya!

blessings said...

No amount of help can cure when silliness and joy prevail! I say go with it =) Blessings... Polly

Diane said...

Love that "tomato"....silly!! Hey, thanks for all the nice comments on my blog.....I have just got back into getting to "blog" more frequently...yeah! The swap you are in sounds great, I love Halloween...born on Oct 13th...maybe thats why! But vintage Halloween is my "fav"...how in the heck do you find all these cool swaps!! Keep up the great blogging!!! Diane

Tomatolover said...

Oh Karen, you are so funny! My dad use to do things like this with vegetables that came out of our garden. I laughed my head off when I seen this. You know my nickname is "tomatolover", right? I'm so glad that I finally made it to your site. I love it. It's really vintage and comforting.

Take care,
Arah

Anonymous said...

Henry is crazy!! I know it isn't anything to be sared of..but for some reason I couldn't eat him. It would freak me out. lol


I LOVE Edna!! She is too cool! :) I bet you do cook better with her around!! She looks like she'd bring the perfect wife/mom out in everyone!! ;)

Ooooh I am loooving all of your black and white papers!! Soo great!! Cannnot wait to see what you create!! :)


xoxo Jenny