Sunday, July 19, 2009

Hellooooooooooooo!

Well, amongst many doctor and daily IV infusion clinic visits, this sweet girl turned 15! You may be asking "Why doesn't she look more dressed up?" Well, we couldn't do a formal party so we have dubbed last night the "party of one. "Marissa invited her good friend over to eat homeade pizza and ice cream cake and spend the night and today we are off to a water park...me and the two girls.
That is if they let my day-glow white overly fluffy body into waterparks...I hope so, I wouldn't want to have to wait outside while the girls are splashing around. It will be a fun retreat to all the medical stuff we have been dealing with. Hubby is gonna stay home and play nurse to mom.
So...even though it was just a party with one guest, we still needed to decorate a little, so Rissy and I made some poofy flowers......


And Ice Cream cake was needed!
And more poofy flowers......

And some real flowers and a colorful vintage cloth...



All in all, it was simple but I think she feels special.... she deserves a parade but is more of a quiet soul and wouldn't want one so her little party of one was just fine for her 15th....
Happy Sunday! I am off to lay in the lazy river and daydream!
karen.....

3 comments:

LiLi M. said...

Congrats to your daughter! It looks like she had a nice and cosey party. Mmm I wish I could have eaten a part of that cake. Have a nice day!

Diane said...

Fifteen, wow, a perfect age! Happy Birthday to you and I hope you had a great time at the water park! Looks like it was a pretty and fun party...yummy cake!!

Jennifer said...

I love this girl...she's beautiful!!!
Give me your address so I can send birthday fabric...maybe you could make her something.