Friday, July 10, 2009

Flowers for mom and new etsy additions....

My Poor mom is back in the hospital, her insision is infected. I don't doubt that she isn't where she needs to be, I just wish we could get her up and going again soon! Today my sweet girl and I took her these flowers from the garden...added a little decoration to a mayo jar and off we went....she was very happy with them and the jar can be tossed when she goes home!
I was able to add a couple of new vintage goodies to my etsy today. Both of these are things that I had intended to keep...but space just doesn't allow it so I added them to my etsy.
The first is a scrapbook that is just fantastic! It is called My Stunt book and cronicles a girls life in the 1910's and 20's. It is not completely filled but has many pictures, calling cards and such. The wonderful thing about this beauty is the illustrations. It is all done in green black and white and it is still very vibrant and beautiful.












The second vintage goodie that I listed is a vintage purse that I just love! It is made of plastic and I believe is meant to imitate lacquer in parts.... I think it would be fun to wear or display in your home.... I added a vintage paper flower and some paisley wallpaper in the inside bottom....

Here it is open....

Well, I am off to be a couch potato! I was up at the hospital into the morning and am out of steam! Have a fun day tomorrow! karen....

2 comments:

Maria Rose said...

I love the flower jar, so creative!

LiLi M. said...

Too bad to hear that news about your mother. I'm sending good vibes to you and I'm thinking of you both, hope it helps! Love the flowers in the jar. I'm going to check the garden too! Have a nice weekend, I hope your mom is soon on the mend again!