Tuesday, July 28, 2009

From flat to FABULOUS!

I love vintage millinery and just using them to decorate around my house and in my art. In southern calif. it can be very expensive though, one blossom can get between $9-$25. Well, on saturday, Robin and I hit the motherload and I am so happy! Here is the stash I got...a net full of little flowers, velvet leaves etc and a bunch of beautiful large roses and a pretty green carnation. And all for under $15!

Here they are before the magic happens:

Kinda flat and droopy...sad looking! but a little steam goes a long way with these babies. Here is a little before and after. The one on the left has been fluffed and the one on the right ignored:




And here they are after being both fluffed, coral beauties:
And here is the rest of my beautiful garden of millinery. Wonderful tattered elegance in all it's glory:



Ahhhhh! Heaven.......

I will be back later this week to show you my other finds! Hope your tuesday is going great! karen.....

8 comments:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Those are so beautiful! I'm always on the look out for these at the thriftstor but so far no luck!

Manuela

Diane said...

So very beautiful, I have lots of these, too...so very neat!!!

LiLi M. said...

Great find! I cannot find them here either unless very expensive so I know how you feel!!

Candy said...

Looking forward to seeing what you create!
The baby in the tummy, not me. One of those things that gets circulated from time to time. It is awesome isn't it?

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I love to see millinery finds!

Charmingdesigns said...

Oh oh oh...those are beautiful!! Where did you go?? I would love to know of some places to visit when we go to So. Cal next year. Laurie

Anonymous said...

Wow! what a fabulous find. I would of snapped those up too!!

Anonymous said...

Wow those are beautiful, what a great find! It is amazing, isn't it, how hard it is getting to find vintage millinery at a reasonable price. Most of the hats I see are flowerless :(. Glad you were able to grab these beauties!
Laura