Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Black and White and Thrify too!

Since I have had to take my mom daily for antibiotic infusions, I have been hitting the Goodwill almost everyday also because it is only a block away. On thursday I found this cute black and cream cup that I just had to have, I had no idea what I would do with it but couldn't leave it there.
On Saturday morning, hubby and I were able to slip out to a couple of garage sales and one brought me more black and white goodness.... a king size duvet cover, yardage of matching toile fabric, these pretty tassel ties and....

A yummy vintage tin.... handed down from Grandma (aren't those the best?)

It was filled with vintage sewing goods and lots of buttons...and you all know my passion for buttons!!!


I also got a pair of childrens red rubber boots to plant for my mom's birthday next month and a tea pot to make a cute garden stake....

All for under $8........ Priceless!

4 comments:

ThriftyAnnabella said...

Very pretty!!

Unknown said...

That is such a pretty tin!

Thanks for your etsy shop purchase, I'll get that in tomorrow's mail.

Karla
(my son is signed in on the computer, so it looks like the comment is from Adam, but its from me)

LiLi M. said...

Ah lucky girl! I especially love the black and white tin. Have a lovely day and a great weekend!

Fifi Flowers said...

Lovely tins!