Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Journaling....






I have tried for years to keep a journal...just can't seem to keep up with it! Partly because I want it to be happy and perfect which life doesn't always bring. Partly because I just cant always keep up with it and when a span of time goes by and I haven't written, I think I should just give that one up and start another. This year I made myself a composition journal and am making it an art journal...It is by no means perfect but that is why I think I am enjoying it so much more...it is okay that it is messy and silly and I love that it is visual! Go figure! These are a couple of pics of my current journal!


Go get messy! karen.....


3 comments:

Fete et Fleur said...

What a wonderful idea. I feel the same way you do about journaling.

Nancy

Sarah said...

I love journaling....or the thought of journaling. I have to do journal, my girls growing up journal, what I did today memory journal, baby journal, oh...I could keep going! It's hard to keep up with them as well.
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Sandra at 7th St. Studio said...

Thanks for your comment...living with mom again is a challenge, I think I have learned that there are all kinds of seasons in life! I loved reading your blog and that art journal is beautiful!!! I started one using an old book and have had fun doodling on the old pages and trying out all kinds of mediums there. When I read your profile, I felt like we were kindred spirits...loved Under the Tuscan Sun and the Secret Life of Bees! Have you read The Mermaid Chair...same author and also good.