Monday, May 23, 2011

Treasure Hunting.....



I had fun this weekend in search of treasures.... this little lady is one of my favorite finds. She is a Santos cage doll but not the wooden kind. She is molded I believe and is mounted on a wire tripod. I am going to make her a skirt that will be open in the front. I am probably going to make it out of burlap or linen with a millinery flower....then she can be used as a proper shrine... When I found her she was in an awful flowered bag with a cheapo hawaiin lei wrapped around her. I have seen her 3 times and passed her up until I picked her up yesterday and realized that she was on this wire armiture ...



Sorry these pictures are so poor, I wasn't able to photograph anything until the sun was almost down tonite...but I was so excited to share some of my finds, I will show you better pictures later.....

A child's tool box, an Uncle Sam mechanical bank, some wire pieces, a 3 little kittens board book and a sweet cherub....


A newer charlotte, a cute old clock (not working) that sweet cherub and another basket purse....




I will have some new goodies listed in my shop by the end of the week including these almost finished sachets and tile magnets with some wonderful vintage images and frenchy themes...



Here are some of the last batch of sachets that I took to Glitterfest...they went fast so now I will have some to share with you! Come back and visit soon, I will have more to share!

Have a great Tuesday! I am participating in Bloggers Bodega at Capers of the Vintage Vixens, go visit, you will find some wonderful handmade goods and fun blogs to visit!

karen....

No comments: