Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Blessed...

This is a time that I tend to reflect on my year... I am not a big resolution maker, life has taken me on many turns and I am dissappointed when I do not achieve them, so I do make goals for myself throughout the year (attainable goals) and the rest of the year I try to see where it takes me with as much direction as I can give it...(does that make sense?)


These are all just pictures from the past that I thought were pretty.... I wanted to participate in White Wednesday, even though I am a little late for the party...


Over the years, like I alluded to, I have had many things happen in my life that are not what I would have chosen... we all have. When I was having a particularly bad year, I had to chose joy and gratitude or I would have cracked.... I kept a small notebook and jotted down greatfullness.... sometimes it would be as simple as a good weather, those were the hard days...and others were the joys from my children and wonderful things that came to me that day..... Whatever I wrote, I knew that I had a reason to be grateful for something that day.....


This past year has been a good one.... simple and sweet... Good health (yes the occassional cold/flu to myself or a loved one..that is to be expected)

Nice adventures..... work for my hubby and I.... watching my children grow into adults... cute and rascally pets.... special children to enjoy at work... and making pretty things...my passion...



I am hoping to open an antique booth this year. This will satisfy my love of vintage, my creative side, my love to shop, my love to fluff and hopefully up our income (which has been the same for years, unlike the cost of living).... It will be extra work, but good work.....




I wish for myself, my family and all my friends (you bloggy friends too of course!) A good year... No matter what life brings you this year, I hope you find reason for gratitude and make even the littlest moment joyful.



I feel blessed with this life.... Thank you for sharing my year with me...enjoy the rest of your Holidays and Happy New Year! xoxo karen.....

I am sharing this on Faded Charms White Wednesday party...go see all the beautiful eye candy!

9 comments:

Gayle Page-Robak said...

Loved seeing all your lovely treasures! I am now a follower of your blog and look forward to return visits. I invite you to join me as well at http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com Hugs, Gayle

BucksCountyFolkArt said...

Wishing you a year full of accomplished goals!!

Lorraine said...

What a lovely, thoughtful post! I wish you good health and good fortune in the new year, Karen! And...the link to the exploding box tutorial is: http://glitteradventure.blogspot.com/2006/11/exploding-box-class.html

There's a lot of measuring and cutting involved, but sooo fun to make!

xo Lorraine

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

I loved seeing all these beautiful goodies! Thanks for following my blog...I am a new follower, too!

Saucy Siciliana said...

Gorgeous pictures! The doll reminds me of our Sicilian tradition of putting a doll on the bed. I used to have it on the bed in Sicily when I was small. Your blog is really cute, I am following you. Regards from a Sicilian in Rome!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I like that, "chose joy"!

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Hi Rita,

What a delightful post! I too don't really care to make "resolutions," per se, since they only last for about a minute. Instead I aim for living the best happy & healthy life that I can for myself, and for my family. That way, the disappointments don't creep up. It's refreshing to see how positive and hopeful you are. I think we all need to be this way, even when things are a bit tough at times. Wishing you a year of many blessings!


XO's,
Jessie

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

P.S. I meant to address you as "Karen," but I had "Rita" on my mind. :) <3 Jessie

HWIT BLOGG said...

Lovely lovely blog and lovely lovely pictures!
Best wishes for a nice week...
Titti