Sunday, June 26, 2011

Junkin, Thrifting, Flea Marketing Fun!

I Love Vintage!!! (Maybe you already new that!) I love the thrill of the hunt and when I find a treasure, my heart does a little leap! Well, I am on the waiting list for the Vintage Marketplace and am dying to do some major shopping for that but I have to keep to the smaller items which can be sold in my etsy until I know more (cross your fingers and toes....and eyes for me!)

Anywhoo.....I have had a few days off until I start summer school on Wednesday and I have made the most of it junkin'. I have gotten to estate sales, garage sales, thrift stores and a flea market..... It has been soooo fun
Above are some of the pretty silver finds I have found and a great tray which I will shabbi-fy....





I love aqua and green and pink together and I have gotten some really fun things in that color range... vintage jelly jars and a doll bathrobe, a cool old birdcage and that fun seltzer bottle and to top it off, a shabby parasol..ooo la la!






I also scored on vintage pillowcases, they are my favorite...no matchy match for me, and a wonderful old satin hankie/glove box and a fun shabby candlestick...



I even have more to show you this week, some needs cleaned up and others just need to be gathered...the above picture is a buggy we pulled out of my mom's storage room that she forgot she had...I can't wait to get it planted! I also have a surprise giveaway so come on back to visit so you can sign up, you will not be disappointed!





I am linking up with Southern Hospitality's Today's Thrifty Treasures and Apron Thrift Girls Thrift Share Mondays ...have a great start to your week! karen....

8 comments:

Pam Kessler said...

The seltzer bottle is very cool. I love that whole vignette you have set up with the parasol, etc. Very cute.

Protector of Vintage said...

Love the treasures you found and that little buggy is so charming!!!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Great finds! Absolutely love the beautiful candlesticks! :)

Amber ~ The French Pressed Home said...

Loving your vignettes, Karen. My fave? Silver! :) You inspire me to go shopping. Think I'll do that with my daughter tomorrow (Nana's coming to watch the boys).
I'll let ya know what I find!
xo, Amber

Brittany said...

I love those colors, too and your seltzer bottle is fantastic!

Patti's Artful Design said...

You have some lovely finds there! Love all the silver pieces! Thank you for stopping by with your wonderful comments. Have a great Fourth of July:)!

Jane said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and your very sweet comment! The new wheelchair has given my hubby a chance to get out and about in the neighborhood again. He's had fun reconnecting with a lot of people around the neighborhood that he hasn't seen for awhile.
What fun to have a couple of days to go junkin', thrifting, and to the flea!! That's my kind of day! You found some great stuff! Love that seltzer bottle!
Jane

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

You have found some cool little treasures. We will be looking foward to seeing you at the Vintage Market Place. We can't wait to find some more goodies there again. Thanks for stopping by to say hello.....Julian