Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter!

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter Day! Life has kept me very busy lately but now it is settling down and I am happy! I participated in Cerri's (Little Pink Studio) wonderful Easter Basket Swap and had the most wonderful partner- Karoline. She is so sweet and has 2 darling daughters and you will see by my basket how talented she is!
Here is my basket before I opened it:

And here it is with the cellphane off: (oooo la la!)




Isn't it the most darling thing? She made the basket from a vintage hat (be still my heart) and look at those cute critters peeking out at us! The bunny has a delicate layer of glitter on it and the chick is fuzzy!




This is a paper mache nest filled with chocolate and a darling bird.... loveeeeee it!








And here are some of the contents: A chocolate bunny and jelly beans, 2 cute vintage cardboard chicks ( memories of my childhood), seam binding in pretty pastels, beautiful vintage buttons, a darling egg cup, velvet lace wrapped so cute and a spool of lace and 3 vintage postcards....





She also made me 2...count them2! of her cashmere flower pins, some vintage millinery and these darling vintage Japan bisque dolls (be still my heart)

I am sooo lucky! Thank you Karoline, it is all sooooo wonderful.....

We are having a quiet Easter, just the way we all wanted and I will just enjoy all my sweet goodies and my wonderful family and good friend and yummy food!

Have a Lovely day my friends! Easter Hugs! karen.....

Ps....I also participated in Kari (Artsymama's) May Day basket swap...I had another wonderful partner and will be sharing her basket on May 1st! Hi Lorrraine!










2 comments:

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

That is a cute Easter basket full of vintage goodies....TALLULAH'S

cherished*vintage said...

Glad you were happy with your Easter basket. You spoiled me with mine! So happy that we were partners!!
-Karoline