Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Vintage Vacation Swap

This swap was so much fun but quite a challenge too! My partner was sweet Rhea of Sweet n Shabby Roses. She said she loves the U.S. and England, shabby colors ....
I broke my packages down to area's to visit...I started with my state, California....
I made this quilted wall pocket with some cute beach babes... the little label says "by the sea"


Here is a little mermaid bucket filled with See's fruit candies (a calif. co.)

Then off to England to see the queen...Of course she needed a pretty corsage to wear and some "bisquits and tea" I found a pretty little plate that was a souvenier of the Queen visiting Canada.. even the queen needs a vacation!!! I also included some of the Winnie the Pooh notecards that were a gift from England and a children's book that is about a voyage across the ocean by ship....


A scarf and postcard from New York....

And since Rhea said she likes the strong women of wartime, I made her a little package with some patriotic trim, a flag flashcard and a paper weight that I added an image to....




Now for the goodies that I recieved!!!!
Rhea made me some really pretty things and made a beautiful box to put them in....

A journal, postcards, a vintage stocking holder with a compact and pill caddy, a pretty mermaid tag, some millinery and some other fun supplies to make art with...what you don't see is the animal crackers and the cotton candy....Yummmy!!!!!
Here is the lovely box she made...I just love it!


I told her that I dream of owning a vintage travel trailer and foofing it up to travel the U.S. so she made me this cute journal.... And here is the darling mermaid tag...


And look at that cute trim she made! I can't wait to play with all those goodies! And isn't that decorated shell cute?....



All in all, it was a great swap... Rhea has been very sick so please say a prayer or think good thoughts for her, she can sure use it! Have a great week! karen....

5 comments:

natalea said...

wow! what great stuff karen! love it all! Happy summer friend!
xo nat

laura said...

Hey Rita.... so glad we connected I love your blog & your creations.. I just purchased the ballet slippers... I will be back love the mermaid pockets. xoxo Laura Oh Ocala is centrally located in Florida.. come visit.

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

I love, love, LOVE the memory box and journal. So pretty and unique! You have a gifted eye.

Unknown said...

Nice!! You guys really treated each other to some beautiful and fun presents!!

Scott said...

Interesting thoughhts