Monday, August 23, 2010

Vintage Alphabet Party!!! Wahoooooooo!

I have had so much fun with this Alphabet Party that here I go againfor N and O! Ahem! Please don't comment on my stretch of the imagination...let's just call it being reaaaallllly creative....
Here goes! Vintage Nativity...


Nests with vintage goodies:

Come on... my friend used a vintage wine vessel and clip earring for the blue nest, there is a vintage bird in the egg cup nest and the other nest is in a vintage china cup..... think creativity okay?
Next up: Vintage Napkins and nesting dolls (available in my spotted hen shop on sale!)



Vintage October..... okay, okay, okay! stretching it a bit but I loooooveee Halloween and I missed H! So........ Vintage October.....



These are the wonderful vintage goodies I love to create with and some tags that are made with vintage (ahem) October images..... (they are in my recycledrita etsy)
Here is a closeup of the little goodies:


And...a vintage Oil and Vinegar set... Now you can't argue with that one!


Okay, there you go.... Fun huh? Go visit all the other members of Etsy Cottage Style who are participating and join the party!
Hubby and I went to Ventura and spent the day going thru the 30+ thrift stores (we missed some, or maybe our feet were just killing us!) It was fun! I found a couple of things I couldn't pass up and will be back on thursday or friday to share with you.
Until then, have a creative week...hee! hee! karen.....




5 comments:

Debbi said...

awesome picks for Vintage Alphabet Karen! ( I promise I wont call you Rita anymore;) The nests are soooo sweet, and you are way ahead of me pulling out the fall goodies.

Unknown said...

Ya done good girl. Look at me I host this party and was giving the ideas for N & O and I couldn't find any vintage to go with it, so, like you I went the 'creative' route with my....New vintage things in my Outdoor room...now that is stretching it. OOPs wait I do have oil lamps and oil cruet....
phew ;)

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Karen,
What a terrific post. I love the way your creative muse works. Your vintage treasures are awesome.

So happy to meet you and find your lovely blog. I really enjoyed my visit.
Now I am inspired to pull out the Fall decor.
Hope to see you again soon.
Have a creative day.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

SewPaperPaint said...

OMG! Amazing goodies! Can't wait to see your creations on the BHE blog. :)
xx,
Autumn Clark

Vicki said...

Hello, friend,
You have been very creative in showing your vintage alphabet goodies. I especially love the birds and their nests, two of my very favorite things. Halloween is my favorite holiday so you know I love your Halloween treats as well. Happy September to you, Karen~love and hugs~Vicki