Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Spotted Hen

My friend Jean makes these wonderful children's and baby quilts and I wanted to share them with my etsy customers. But since I already have a following for my inspiration kits and vintage goodies, I decided to open a new etsy. Our new etsy is named The Spotted Hen and will carry handmade by Jean and Me and also some vintage children/baby and home items.... Come by and visit, we will be adding to it over the next couple of weeks but please go visit to see Jean's quilts, they make a darling gift for a child or baby....

Jean has been unable to work the last couple of years due to health issues and was very successful with these beauties but cannot get around to sell them anymore so this will also help her financial situation, something many of us can understand in this in our economy...

Here is here sassy poodle quilt:

A darling blue quilt:

And of course, a rubber ducky quilt:
She makes these a generous size: 38" x 50", made out of flannel and chenille so they are very soft and adds a little pillow which usually becomes the child's " softie or blankie" so that they can carry it around instead of the whole quilt.... They are well loved!
Also in our new etsy, I have added this darling vintage lamb planter:



I will be back soon for another post....I am busy updating my etsy's, I also have some new kits that I am adding to my other etsy...I will let you know when they are ready!

Have a great Saturday! karen.....

No comments: