Tuesday, April 13, 2010

I'm a lucky girl!!!

I was lucky enough to be part of Heather of Speckled Egg's swap, we decorated a large matchbox and filled it with inspirational goodies with the theme of birds and nests.... I had 3 great partners and recieved wonderful goodies from each of them. They are all so talented!

My first box is from Kathy of Country Chintz
She made a darling bird and nest box, using a glaze on the nest and bird to give it dimension.

My box was filled with a nest, a cute bottle of buttons, wonderful ribbons, a magnet she made from a domino, a darling pendant (which I took a separate pic of but it didn't turn out) And look at that collage she added to the box and the library pocket filled with pretty tags and images...so many wonderful nature inspired goodies...these are just the highlights!

Then there was this pretty collaged box from Diane of Altered Book Studio
Those bluechip stamps brought back fun memories of my childhood (I am showing my age!)



Diane had a color theme of reds and blues and added some darling ladybugs to the bunch! Look at that cute trim card and butterfly and all the button and bead goodness. There is a little book alter, some lace and and she made us each some clay birdies that I just realized I forgot to photograph! (I immediately put them in the living room in a little dish because they were so cute) I will show you them when I show you what I made them!


And look at these darling earrings! I think I will be channeling Frida Kahlo when I wear them! If only I could channel her talent! I love these and have the perfect red peasant top to wear with them!


And last but not least, a cute handmade birdie box from Lynne of A Romantic Nest
Isn't that little bird darling?


Lynne filled the box with lots of pretty flowers, a speckled egg, hand-stamped ribbon. a cute cut heart and lots of pretty inspiration. She also sent along some millinery, mica, darling recipe cards and a great little bracelet!
Look at this cute bird and egg bracelet! I love it!


This was a really fun swap and I was lucky to have 3 very talented partners for it! Thank you Heather for hosting and thanks to Lynne, Diane and Kathy for all the wonderful gifts!
I am a lucky girl!

4 comments:

Pretty Widow said...

Thanks for posting the great pictures - and you are welcome for the earrings! I agree they will look awesome with a frida inspired peasant blouse!

icandy... said...

very, very pretty!!!
happy day!
christina

kathy said...

hEY gIRL , LOVE LOVE MY SWEET nEST SWAP -- ALL SO TALENTED AND GIVING -- WILL POST SOON ,AM BEHIND AS MY BRITHER HAD SURGERY mONDAY --kATHY - GA ♥

paperbird said...

It looks like it was a wonderful swap- I am sorry to miss out on that one. Thanks for visiting my blog, it is always so nice to have new visitors. I am so happy you loved my ephemera packet- it was so fun to put together.