Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hello My Friends!!!!

I hope you all had a wonderful thanksgiving. We did! We ate turkey and ham and all the fixings but most of all got to spend time with the special people in our lives....
Sorry for the blog break...life has been very busy, hmmm lets see:

1. Son's birthday and our Anniversary ...check
2. My birthday....check
3. Daughter gets evil life- sucking flu.....check (unhappily checked!)
4. Family car breaks down..... check ($140.00 , not priceless)
5. Garage sale....check
6. Work 2 Saturdays (check...okay paid for the car breakdown)
7. Deep clean for Thanksgiving..... check
8. Hubby feeling bad...off to the doctor for a bunch of tests.... (results...life too stressful,watch diet and excersise)..... check.... hmmm...you think?
9. Prepare for wonderful dinner.....check
10.Have and eat wonderful dinner..... Yum! I mean....check
11. Birthday dinner party for good friend....check (now this is priceless!)
12. Hubbies car breaks down..... (most definitely not priceless...$350-400)....almost checked

But you know what? We made it through all this and still are as sane as we were as we started! (we wont discuss the state of our sanity on a regular month!)

Anywhoo.... I joined wonderful Robin of Thrifty Miss Priss fame's white fat book and here are the pages...sorry for the bad pictures, I forgot to take pictures so quickly took them before work and these are the one's that came out....






On Sunday we went to a local nature center and took their 2 mile trail, we had alot of fun and both kids came along...that is always special since they are teens and are rarely seen near their old parents!
I will be back soon with pictures of the christmas banners that I have made!
Happy December! karen.....


6 comments:

Diane said...

Very nice!!! Your check list had me laughing!!! Sounds like around here...LOL...can't wait to see those banners...I already know they will be great!!

Robin said...

I LOVED your pages Karen! The books are ALMOST ready to be mailed! It took me ALL DAY today but it snowed here so I had nowhere else to go!

robin dudley-howes said...

Hello long lost freind. Love the white pages! you out do yourself with every new project. Check out this nifty little web site:
http://tinythingsarecute.com/

When are you break out of jail....I mean work?
rob

robin dudley-howes said...

Oops...bad grammer...when are you break out of jail??? what? You know when you start a sentence and then mid way you decide to change but don't change all of it? it is late you know!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Seems like if one car has trouble, the other gets jealous of the money you spent on it and acts up!

Love your book pages! Especially the trim across the top, so pretty.

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

karen,whydoes it always seem as if life gets crazy all at one time? Hope you are hanging in there!

I love your pages! They are beutiful! Merry christmas to you.
xo