Saturday, November 30, 2013

An Upcycled Christmas

 I have always enjoyed a handmade Christmas.  I grew up with a mom who loved to sew, embroider, quilt.... She would make many of her gifts. My favorite ornaments were handmade for me by people I loved...
 I guess I am carrying on the tradition.  I try to find some fun projects each Christmas season and make them for gifts and to sell.
I also love to upcycle vintage items.
 Having the Antique booth was a perfect fit for me... This year I have filled vintage bottles, salt and peppers, candlesticks and even an old lantern with glittered trees.  I also made my ornament bottles to sell again (sorry, no picture of these)
 I made 2 new ornament wreaths. I am in love with this pastel wreath with the reindeer center.... They will go to the booth tomorrow.
My project for today is little ornaments made with vintage small  Christmas  characters, I will share when I have some finished ....
 I feel that giving something handmade has more meaning, giving something upcycled says you are trying to make a difference and to be a little selfish...it feeds the soul to create with love!
I am linking to Debra at Common Ground's "Be Inspired" linky party...stop by and see all the wonderful inspiration. I am also linking with Etsy Cottage Style's "Vintagey Goodness"

6 comments:

Pallas said...

The ornament wreaths are beautiful, and they won't be in your booth very long before someone buys them. I especially like the pastel colored one.

My Garden Diaries said...

How wonderful that you grew up with a creative mom! Your wreaths are outstanding! An outstanding blog you have here...found you through the link party...I look forward to following along with you!!!

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Bottle brush trees and shiny brites, just say holiday to me! Lovely, lovely, lovely.

AnnMarie aka Vintage Junkie aka NaNa said...

I would love to have one of those ornament wreaths or make one! I just sold a bunch of vintage ornaments :( Lovely post!

Unknown said...

Your ornament wreaths are lovely!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas!
What great designs. I can't pic a fav, they all so beautiful!
Thanks for stopping be the Cottage Craft Room Party!